Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peters fly away


photo by kevinmarsh

Yesterday I was priviliged to drive the Peters' family to the airport. We packed everything in their mini-SUV. Tom drove us briskly to the airport.

Tom charged me to park and to come inside after dropping them off at curbside check-in. He wanted to make sure that each piece of their luggage was under the fifty pound weight limit. Otherwise, I would have to take things back to the Mazda and transport it back to Smithville.


God answered our prayers. The luggage made it. One piece was 51 pounds, but the others were under 5o pounds. So the ticket agent approved them all.

As I was sent off with parking lot money, I marveled at how amazing God is. My friends were departing for ministry to the Central African Republic.

In twenty hours they would be arriving to serve the people of the Central African Republic. They were doing this as a family. Sue, J.P., and Mike were traveling with Tom. What a blessing to witness these fully-devoted followers seeking to serve God in Africa.

May God give their family a positive witness to the local Christians and to the unsaved in Bangui and beyond. I hope to get an update from them soon. We serve a mighty God on mission through us!