Friday, June 27, 2008

Joyce Atkins is on her way home

photo by octoberdog



















Joyce is on her way home from Cambodia. The team leader, Sherrod Fields, sent this update from Vietnam.

I'm now in Taiwan on my way back to the good ol' USA. I left Phnom Penh earlier today and over all it was a great trip. The team that I had with me worked very hard and didn't complain about anything at all. A very "go with the flow" bunch, which made it much easier on me. Even though it was a shorter trip than I usually do, it seemed like I was gone for a month and a half. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm busy 18 hours every day. We accomplished a lot, saw lots of smiling kids, got way out of our comfort zones and served others with a selfless attitude (which isn't always easy).
I will try to get some pictures sent out when I get back. Thanks for
taking an interest in what I'm doing. SF




Joyce will take over 30-hours to return to her home in Wooster. Please pray for her safe return. Likewise, pray for Betty Burke who is returning from Quito, Ecuador today.

No comments: