Monday, August 4, 2008

Short-term missions makes a difference






















Short-term missions is an important value at Wooster Grace. Wooster Grace is proud of those who go on short-term missions.

Kaille grew up in our church. Her parents Mike & Kim have nurtured her towards following God.

Recently, Kaillie served God by securing a short-term missions internship with Sowing Hope for the summer. She has had a great time.

In her own words:

I've gotten really attached to one 8 year old little girl. She doesn't speak Thai very well because she is from the Karen (Kuh-rin) Hilltribe. They speak their own language. She and her brother came to Asia's Hope back in April. Since she can't speak thai, she has a very hard time listening, and doesn't pay attention. She's in the kindergarten class at the christian school so she can learn both Thai and english. She'll just draw and not participate in much. She's getting much better, but she's very very frustrated that she can't read her bible! She's a very smiley, playful, tickle-ish girl!! She and I are buddies. I don't want to leave this little girl!!!! One of the teenagers asked her in her native tongue if she wanted me to be her mother. She just looked up at me, giggled, smiled, and hugged me so tight. That was the moment I knew God was doing somethingmuch much deeper in my heart here. My love for these kids keeps growing every second I'm over here!!
























And By The Way:
Our Four14 missions team returned yesterday from their missions trip to Portugal & Spain. Watch for pictures and a report. You can come hear their testimonies live at Four14 on Thursday, August 7 at 7pm. Come and check it out!

No comments: